Wednesday, February 8, 2012

French Bistro Night! Salmon Dijonnaise

One of my most favorite cuisines in the world is French. While living in New York City for 8 years I was able to eat at some of the best French restaurants in the world. My favorite being Daniel.
For those of you who know the restaurant Daniel, you know that most of us cannot afford to eat there weekly. So to get my French fix, I would dine at the more reasonably priced bistro Le Express. At least once a week or every other week I would go here for lunch and I have recreated this recipe based on my favorite lunch!
 This recipe is for two people, but it can be modified for as many as you need.


2 Pieces of salmon fillet
Grey Poupon Dijon mustard
1/2 cup of heavy cream
1/2 to 3/4 cup of white wine
Salt and pepper

Start off by adding salt and pepper to the salmon. Saute in a pan, about 3-5 minutes on each side. Once you flip, add one heaping tablespoon of the Dijon mustard to the pan as well as the white wine. Let the alcohol burn out and then add the cream to the pan. Let reduce for one minute and then it is done!

Serve with pureed carrots:

Boil baby carrots in chicken broth until tender. Blend with a splash or two of heavy cream. Done.

I also like to serve this with rice pilaf and a goat cheese, beet and walnut salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment